Monday, November 9, 2009

Poly-blogomous

What's the scoop with blogs... is it acceptable to have more than one, even if they're on the same topic?

A month ago I was invited by a friend to join a group of 50 professional 'green' people to blog on greenopolis.com - a website focused on making the world a better place by offering education/inspiration on recycling, conservation, sustainability... well,you know the drill.

I couldn't refuse the invitation.... as a newbie in the blogosphere, I was excited to expand beyond my committed, yet intimate group of followers (that'd be YOU) to reach a wider audience with my personal escapades in green living.

But something happened as my inbox filled with emails from the administrator reminding me to post... I had all these great blog ideas, but couldn't write them down! Do I write them on my own blog? On Greenopolis? Where oh where do my allegiances fall?

Meanwhile, my life got more complicated (FYI: Looking for a new job if any of you have any suggestions!), and my silence became harder to break. Yes, I was still mono-blogomous, but in reality I became a victim of abstinence.

That was until yesterday.....I took the plunge with a story that has been brewing since 350.org day.... that rainy Sunday where my guilt for inaction took its toll, and I found an environmental action in my home town that has opened my eyes to the environmental issue of STYROFOAM....

So, for your environmental enhancement, here's my other post... and don't hesitate to follow me there as well. Who knows... perhaps I'm clever enough to keep both uniquely interesting!


No comments:

Post a Comment